News Update

Paco Alcacer joins Barcelona from Valencia on five-year contract

Barcelona have announced the signing of striker Paco Alcacer from Valencia on a five-year contract.

Alcacer, 23, joins for an initial €30 million with a further €2m in potential bonuses, and his buyout clause has been set at €100m.

Alcacer told Valencia’s official website: “When I found out about the offer from FC Barcelona I asked the club to listen to it, as it was my decision to take a step forward in my career.”

He added: “I want to thank Valencia CF and the fans. Despite the fact that I am leaving Valencia CF, I will always be a Valencianista at heart.”

He becomes the club’s sixth signing of a busy transfer window, following the arrivals of Jasper Cillessen, Andre Gomes, Samuel Umtiti, Lucas Digne and Denis Suarez.

Valencia announced on Tuesday that Munir El-Haddadi has moved in the opposite direction on loan with an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the campaign.

Barca had been in the market for another forward all summer, with Luciano Vietto, Kevin Gameiro and Nolito among the players linked with a move to Camp Nou, but sporting director

Valencia boss Pako Ayestaran had previously said Alcacer was not for sale and even called him up for Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Eibar, but he eventually left him out of the squad due to concerns over his focus.

Alcacer is a product of the Valencia youth system and has made over 100 appearances for Los Che, scoring 43 goals.

He will link up with his new Barca teammates next week and could make his debut in the league game against Alaves on Sept. 10.

Source; espnfc.com

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: