- Statistics : Tunisia vs England
- Statistics : Croatia vs Nigeria
- WEST AFRICA WEEKLY SPORTS DIGEST 26th EDITION
- Statistics : Morocco vs Iran
- Statistics : Egypt vs Uruguay
- 2018 World Cup : Dependability of VAR After Yuri Gazinski scored
- Volta Table Tennis prepares for Sports Festival
- Ghana Cricket Association opens nomination towards elective congress
- OPINION: HOW CLEAN IS THE CLEANER; WHY GOVERNMENT ALONE IS INCOMPETENT TO HOUSECLEAN THE GHANA FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
- Which cities would be hosting the 2026 World Cup?
Egypt scored a 95th-minute penalty to beat Congo 2-1 and so reach the World Cup for the first time in over a quarter of a century.
Mohamed Salah was the Egyptian hero, scoring both goals, in a win that takes them to the tournament for the first time since 1990 at the expense of Ghana.
Congo’s equaliser four minutes from time, as Arnold Bouka thumped home, had dampened spirits in Alexandria.
But the Egyptians’ World Cup hoodoo ended as Salah held his nerve late on to convert the spot kick.