News Update

Ampem Darkoa debunks claims of WLB Chair

President of Ampem Darkoa Ladies Football Club, Nana Opoku Fosu Gyeabour, has refuted claims made earlier by the Women’s League Board Chairperson Leanier Afiye-Obo Addy, that their striker, Princella Adubea has been called by the Fa and Ministry for surgery and has refused.

Linear, who spoke to Happy Sports last week on the injury concerns of the Women’s League top scorer, claims Adubea has not made herself available to Doctors and that the striker is giving excuses of being with the father.

In a rather sharp rebuttal, Nana Gyeabour, owner of the Techiman based club has come out to debunk statements made by the Black Queens Management Committee Chair, saying that Adubea has never been called for an operation and she refused. He was clear on the fact that, the FA says the ministry is doing everything possible to provide money for the surgery after 2 separate reviews were conducted on the level of injury.

“No one has called Adubea for Operation and she has refused. She was called for review weeks ago and on 2 occasions, which she went. The U-20 Management Committee Chairman, who called her for the surgery told her to hold on till she is called finally for the operation, and nothing more. The Fa says they have sent a budget to the Ministry and awaiting, so why should Leanier say Adubea hasn’t made herself available. The team is to be contacted with regards to Adubea’s football career and not the parents.”

Nana further explained the circumstances leading to the attacker’s troubling Knee ligament injury and its current state in an interview with Herosportsgh.com 

“Adubea got injured in the league finals against Hasaacas 2 seasons ago but recovered from injury and joined the U-20 team to PNG where the injury resurfaced after a trial match with a male team, of which she scored the only goal. Her injury worries hindered her performance at the World cup.

“Back in Ghana, she was treated and she went all out to perform well and won the goal queen accolade for both the Sanford Fa cup and the league for the 2016/2017 season. She continued to play for the Princesses in the world cup qualification and was joint top scorer with a Nigerian player. She has not played this season for the club due to her injury” He added.

Princella Adubea has achieved a lot in Women’s Football and with the Nana Mma. She joined the two-time winners of the National Women’s league in 2014 and has since been a national asset, as she played for the Maidens in 2014.

However, the current claims by the Women’s League Board Chairperson were to explain reasons why she was left out in the current U-20 call-up by Head Coach Yusif Basigi for preparations to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in France and the efforts by the Fa to improve on her injury concerns. It is assumed, that the hard-hitting striker has dropped in form due to her reoccurring injury which has seen her on the sidelines this season.

Princella Adubea was adjudged the Best female football at the 43rd Mtn swag Awards in May and has tremendously contributed to the successes of the female Under 20 national team as well as the Black Maidens.

Meanwhile, a 31 man-squad (local) and 6 foreign-based players, named by Coach Basigi are to report at the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence, Prampram at 4 pm on Monday, May 21, 2018.

Ghana will open her World Cup campaign against host France in Group A, on August 5. They’ll latter play the Netherlands and New Zealand.

By: Davis Nii Attuquaye Clottey  ( For more sports news and updates, follow Herosportsgh.com on Twitter at @Herosportsgh and on Facebook at Herosportsgh. ) 

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


%d bloggers like this: