- Caf confederations cup statistics
- Ghana loses opening game to Nigeria in Cricket Qualifier
- Free agent Thomas Abbey rejects advances with Israeli outfit Hapoel Petah Tikvah
- Latif Amadu’s move to Hapoel Petah Tikvah in Limbo
- PODCAST : WEST AFRICA WEEKLY SPORTS DIGEST 33rd EDITION
- Under 19 Cricket team set for World Cup div 2 Qualifier
- FIFA, CAF and GoG to set Normalisation Committee
- Youthage Strategic Organization offers top options for vacant Swaziland NT Head Coach role
- Kevin de Bruyne suffers knee injury
- FLS CHAMPIONSHIP CUP 2018
The United 2026 bid, fronted by the USA, Canada and Mexico, has won the bid to become the hosts for the World Cup 2026, beating Morocco at the 68th annual Fifa congress on the eve of the 2018 tournament in Russia.
The winning bid won by 69 votes meaning the World Cup will be hosted in North America for the first time since the USA hosted it in 1994.
However, it was more disappointment for Morocco – bidding to become only the second African nation to ever host the tournament after South Africa in 2010 – as they lost their fifth World Cup bid.
( For more sports news and updates, follow Herosportsgh.com on Twitter at @Herosportsgh and on Facebook at Herosportsgh. )