- 2018AWCON: Ghana face Algeria, Nigeria and South Africa
- Police held by Hostac as Prisons keep a lead in GAHA League
- 2018AWCON : Thomas Dennerby invites 19 professionals for camp
- Ghana pull out of Caf Inter Club competition
- Cricket Project Wildfire hits Ho
- VRBF rallies behind Polopala on his first title bout
- Greater Accra Handball league returns with week 20 fixtures
- Gentals beats ‘the Charities’ to win Kaneshie Books and Boots trophy
- Volta Table tennis resumes league with victories
- Police, Prisons share GAHA Cup trophies
The United 2026 bid, fronted by the USA, Canada and Mexico, has won the bid to become the hosts for the World Cup 2026, beating Morocco at the 68th annual Fifa congress on the eve of the 2018 tournament in Russia.
The winning bid won by 69 votes meaning the World Cup will be hosted in North America for the first time since the USA hosted it in 1994.
However, it was more disappointment for Morocco – bidding to become only the second African nation to ever host the tournament after South Africa in 2010 – as they lost their fifth World Cup bid.
( For more sports news and updates, follow Herosportsgh.com on Twitter at @Herosportsgh and on Facebook at Herosportsgh. )