The agreement between FIFA and the Ghana government was reached on Thursday during a meeting between called at the instance of the latter to avoid a FIFA ban.
FIFA, together with the Government of Ghana and the Confederation of African Football (CAF) will set up a normalization committee to run Ghana football to replace the current Executive Committee of the Ghana FA
The Executive Committee of the GFA will be dissolved immediately for the Normalization Committee to take charge of the administration of the game in the country.
This means the government has agreed not to dissolve the GFA as the court action by the Attorney General is now teetering on the brink of collapse.
Below is the full statement
On Thursday August 16, 2018, a delegation of the Government of Ghana (GoG) led by the Minister for Youth and Sports, Isaac Asiamah (MP), and comprising the Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr. Samuel A. Jinapor, the Minister for Information designate, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah (MP), the Deputy-Attorney General, Mr. Godfred Yeboah Dame, and the head of the FIFA/CAF liaison team, Dr. Kofi Amoah, met with a delegation of FIFA officials led by its President, Mr Gianni Infantino, and comprising the Secretary-General, Madam Fatma Samoura, and other representatives of the FIFA administration.
The meeting resolved as follows:
1. The Presidents of Ghana and FIFA have committed to work together to offer leadership in reforming football administration in Ghana and in Africa;
2. That the GoG and FIFA shall work closely to eradicate corruption and malfeasance and other associated criminal conduct from the administration of football in Ghana;
3. The GoG and FIFA shall establish a joint task force to create proper disciplinary, governance and auditing mechanisms as well as ensure that persons who are found culpable are punished in accordance with Ghanaian domestic laws and FIFA statutes;
4. FIFA upon consultation with the GoG and CAF shall establish a normalization committee to replace the Executive Committee of the Ghana Football Association;
5. FIFA in consultation with the GoG and CAF shall appoint persons with integrity and competence to constitute the membership of the normalization committee;
6. Satisfied with the above measures, the GoG shall take steps to discontinue the process for the winding up of the Ghana Football Association.